YAMATO - Lesika (霊鹿) Damascus Chef Knives are specially designed by Mr. Yoshiko Seto, crafted from high quality forged Damascus steel using traditional techniques.
- Its lightweight, double bevel edged can be used to perform many of the tasks normally done with Lesika (霊鹿) Damascus Chef Knives.
- A Truly Versatile Chef’s Knife (Lesika) due to its ability to Rock and Chop and suite all cutting styles
- Damascus steel with 67-layers (VG10 Core and 33 Folded Damascus Layers) Corrosion resistant and tough with a Rockwell Hardness of HRC 62
- Fireball Damascus Steel Billet Pattern
- Unique blue resin octagonal handle
- Double Bevel Sharpened by Hand using the traditional Japanese Honbazuke method where the blade is sharpened and polished by hand in three stages
Forged with imported VG-10 stainless steel - for the core blade material and 67 layers of Damascus Steel this blade will last a lifetime.
VG10 is stainless steel with a high carbon content containing:
- 1% Carbon,
- 15% Chromium,
- 1% Molybdenum,
- 0.2% Vanadium,
- 1.5% Cobalt,
- 0.5% Manganese.
Our Lesika (霊鹿) Octagonal Handle is made from wood, which is chemically stabilized. The stabilizing process makes the wood tougher and supper durable and less likely to warp or crack.
The Lesika (霊鹿) style of knife is suited to "rock chopping", "push cutting" and "pull cutting". our take on the Lesika (霊鹿) blade has been vigorously tested to be a true well-rounded knife.